spcp membership: your journey begins here
The SPCP is a sound, nonprofit international professional association owned, operated, and controlled by its members.
The growth experienced since inception in 1990 is a direct result of its professional and legal structure, compliant with state and federal laws governing nonprofit organizations. Members are represented by a Board of Directors comprised of a diverse group of members, elected by members, and serve limited terms. A Code of Ethics that all members must abide by and which sets industry standards governs the SPCP. Permanent cosmetics are mainstream beauty services; therefore the public looks to the SPCP as the voice of the permanent cosmetics industry for referrals to professionals in their locality.
If you are considering the industry as a career, or are currently a permanent cosmetic professional, begin enjoying the many benefits today as an SPCP member. We are continuously adding new programs and refining existing ones. Below are some of the many reasons our members have joined, supported, and participated in the SPCP since inception.
- The SPCP is dedicated to promoting permanent cosmetics safety, excellence, certification, and industry guidelines. An annual educational and networking convention and trade show in March of each year as well as a fall conference. Bi-Annual European Workshops are also held. These events, prepared exclusively for SPCP members, are regarded as the finest professionally structured permanent cosmetics educational venues worldwide. Support products include publications on subjects such as color theory, pigments, camouflage techniques, medical issues, esthetics for the permanent cosmetic professional, and an equipment manual.
- SPCP membership is the best way to remain current in education and technology. Your certificate of membership validates your dedication to industry excellence through training, education, and ethics. SPCP educational events provide technical and business related information, industry specific OSHA Bloodborne training, and networking opportunities.
- The CPCP certification program is available for technicians seeking the mark of distinction from their peers. Being an SPCP member and obtaining CPCP credentials strengthens each technician and trainer’s professional profile and positioning in the industry. The public looks for the CPCP logo when researching for permanent cosmetic services and training opportunities.
- A technician referral program through the SPCP website and home office. This is a major membership benefit. People who are considering permanent cosmetics need assurance their technician is active in the industry, is recognized in their locality and has achieved credentials in their field. Technician and Trainer Members alike consider this one of the most economical and active sources of marketing available. The SPCP website provides members with updates and information, education for the public, and advertising and marketing options through the member referral program. The SPCP has a toll free national line and website so that the public can conveniently obtain referrals to qualified member technician and trainer members.
- An annual membership directory is provided to all members for technician networking purposes and as a convenient reference for suppliers and trainers. Society members are available to assist with legislation, publicity, and other business related questions. This is primarily offered through the Delegate Program for US states and many countries throughout the world.
- The SPCP Quarterly publication, the monthly PC Buzz, and press releases provide technical, educational, and administrative information. Quarterly publications written by industry leaders provide education and information on new developments as they become available. Publicity, membership, and health and safety updates are also provided. The SPCP Quarterly has been deemed “The classroom in an envelope.” It doesn’t get any more convenient to learn and keep abreast of industry critical information than through the SPCP. The SPCP Buzz is an online monthly E-newsletter written by SPCP Directors offering industry related subjects as the conversational focus. These are also published to the Members Only section of the SPCP Website.
- Publicity through many different media so the general public will know where to call for answers regarding the industry. The SPCP engages in offering industry specific articles to major publications to encourage the public to seek permanent cosmetic services and to dispel fictional information that may discourage growth of our industry. Our Publicist is available to assist members with articles they are developing for published article activity.
- SPCP supplier members offer exclusive product and supply discounts to SPCP members.
- A staffed Administration Office is available during normal business hours to answer questions and to help locate resources.
For printable copy of the form, please use the printable Membership Application